REMINDER: ACPS would like to remind spectators that backpacks, large bags, and coolers are prohibited at all school activities open to the public. A large bag is anything larger than 6.5”x4.5”. Spectators may bring a clear bag that does not exceed 12”x6”x12”, clothing, blankets, cameras if carried loosely or in a clear bag, seat cushions, and bags necessary for medical or infant care. All permitted bags are subject to search. Food and drinks not purchased from authorized vendors at the event are also not permitted.
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, he was sworn into office by Allegany County Clerk of the Circuit Court, Dawne Lindsey.
The 2019 Maryland School Report Card, released on December 3, 2019, provides an enhanced and comprehensive picture of school and school system performance, with new indicators about achievement among student groups, input from students and educators, and information about whether schools have improved since last year.
New this year, the top finalists that granted express permission have their designs featured online for purchase at www.cafepress.com/acpsholidaycards.
Sixty-two junior and senior students from Allegany High School were inducted into membership of the National Honor Society (NHS) on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, in front of other juniors and seniors, parents, and staff.
The Mountain Ridge High School marching band and choir will travel to Orlando, FL, for performances, music, magic, fun, and sun during the upcoming Thanksgiving break.
On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, the Allegany County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Allegany! Class of 2019 participated in the program’s annual Education Day.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM BOE Executive Session
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM BOE Open Session
December 16, 2019
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM SECAC Meeting
December 23, 2019
December 24, 2019