ACPS Reopening and Recovery Plan Fall 2020
ACPS Crisis Management Site
HYBRID/IN-PERSON LEARNING PLAN UPDATE: The Board of Education voted on the following plan for a return to hybrid/in-person learning at their special meeting today, Monday, January 25, 2021:
As always, parents will have option to “opt out “of the in-person/hybrid learning model and have their child remain in a virtual learning environment. More detailed information will be provided as the details of these hybrid plans are finalized.
- February 8, 2021: Career Center skill area students and students without connectivity return to buildings
- February 13, 2021: Fall athletics and extracurricular activities will begin
- March 1, 2021: Students in grades Pre-K, kindergarten, and Grade 1, identified students who need additional assistance or failing multiple subjects, and identified students with special needs will return to buildings
- March 8, 2021: Students in Grades 2-5, 6, 9, and 12 will return to buildings
- March 15, 2021: Students in Grades 7, 8, 10, 11 will return to buildings
Friday, February 26, 2021 7:14 AMAll schools are operating in accordance with the published school calendar.
Maryland student success in the Advanced Placement (AP) program remains steady, and high participation rates on the rigorous tests continue.
ACPS virtual parent conferences originally scheduled for March 10-11, 2021, have been cancelled as a result of the beginning transitions to the concurrent/hybrid learning schedules.
At the February meeting of the Allegany County Board of Education, board members voted to request the removal of the interim label from Mr. Jeff Blank’s title to appoint him as the next permanent superintendent of schools in Allegany County.
Allegany County Public Schools will host a virtual live informational meeting for parents and students interested in learning more about the P-TECH program on Thursday, February 25, 2021, beginning at 6 p.m.
The Allegany County Public School System is one of just ten districts across the State of Maryland that will be participating in the Innovative Virtual Teaching Network Academy (IVTeN) hosted by the University of Maryland College Park’s, College of Education.
Plans in Allegany County Public Schools are underway for students to re-enter school buildings for in-person concurrent/hybrid learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
- What do I need to know about the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) 2019?
March 8, 2021
March 9, 2021
March 10, 2021
March 11, 2021
March 14, 2021
March 15, 2021