Summer School 2023
Extended Senior SchoolExtended Senior School is available to current senior students that are 1-3 credits short of graduation requirements. Students will have the opportunity to continue coursework at their homeschool in order to earn these credits and participate in the Summer 2023 graduation ceremony. Please contact your school guidance counselor for more details. No cost to students.Credit Recovery Summer SchoolSummer School Credit Recovery is available to any high school student that has failed a course. This program will be held at two locations: Allegany and Mountain Ridge High Schools. Students from Fort Hill will attend Allegany. Students may recover up to 2 credits during Summer 2023. The dates are as follows: June 12-15, June 19-22, June 26-29, no school the week of July 4, July 10-13, July 17-20. Credit Recovery does not meet on Fridays and will not meet on July 4th. The time will be from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day. (Depending on registration and transportation.) There is no cost to students, lunch will be provided, and transportation is available. Click HERE to register or see your school counselor for assistance.Original Credit Summer SchoolAll ACPS students entering grades 9-12 for the 2023-2024 school year. Courses are open to students who are enrolled for the first time. The following courses are available:
- Physical Education: June 19 - July 7 (no school on July 4) Classes are in-person at Allegany High School from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Field trips are taken on Fridays.
- Personal Financial Literacy: June 19 - July 7 (no school on July 4) Classes are online with an instructor from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30. An approximate 1.5 hours of additional work is required, but can be completed at the student's own time.
- Health: June 19 - July 7 (no school on July 4) Classes are online with an instructor from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. An approximate 1 hour of additional required work can be completed at the student's own time.
- Music: June 19 - July 7 (no school on July 4) Classes are online with an instructor from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. An approximate 3 hours of additional required work can be completed at the student's own time.
*Students may register for both Personal Financial Literacy and Health since they are at different times.Cost: Payment can be made through the student’s Paypams account or by check or money order made to ACPS. A reduced rate of 50% is offered to students who meet the federal guidelines for the free and reduced meal program.
- PE $350 (reduced rate is $175)
- Personal Financial Literacy $150 (reduced rate is $75)
- Health $150 (reduced rate is $75)
- Music $300 (reduced rate is $150)