Summer School 2022
Extended Senior SchoolExtended Senior School is available to current senior students that are 1-3 credits short of graduation requirements. Students will have the opportunity to continue coursework at their homeschool in order to earn these credits and participate in the Summer 2022 graduation ceremony. Please contact your school guidance counselor for more details. No cost to students.Credit Recovery Summer SchoolSummer School Credit Recovery is available to any high school student that has failed a course. This program will be held at two locations: Fort Hill and Mountain Ridge High Schools. Students from Allegany will attend Fort Hill if transportation is requested, but may attend either site if you self-transport. Students may recover up to 2 credits during Summer 2022. The dates are as follows: June 13-16, June 20-23, June 27-30, July 5-7, July 11-14, July 18. Credit Recovery does not meet on Fridays and will not meet on July 4th. The time will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day. There is no cost to students, lunch will be provided, and transportation is available. Click HERE to register or see your school counselor for assistance.Original Credit Summer SchoolAll ACPS students in grades 9-12 are eligible for Original Credit Summer School for 2022-2023. Courses are open to students who are enrolled for the first time. The following courses are available:
Cost: Payment can be made through the student’s Paypams account or by check or money order made to ACPS. A reduced rate of 50% is offered to students who meet the federal guidelines for the free and reduced meal program.
- Physical Education: June 13 - July 1 (in-person at Mountain Ridge 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Personal Financial Literacy: June 13 - July 1 (online with teacher from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30). An approximate 1.5 hours of additional work is required, but can be completed at the student's own time preference.
- Health: June 13 - July 1 (online with teacher from 10:30 a.m. to noon). An approximate 1 hour of additional required work can be completed at the student's own time preference of the day.
- PE $350 (reduced rate is $175)
- Personal Financial Literacy $150 (reduced rate is $75)
- Health $150 (reduced rate is $75)
Registration Deadline: May 27, 2022. Click HERE to register.