Thank you for considering employment with the Allegany County Public School System. Teaching applications will be kept on file for the current school year and may be submitted at any time. Any previously submitted applications may be updated at any time. All applications will be deactivated annually, and you will be notified by email when this occurs. In order to be considered for a position, you must reactivate your application.
The Allegany County Public School System will no longer be accepting applications for any position not submitted through the ACPS online recruitment system
. The ACPS employment application contains several pages and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. You will have the opportunity to review and make changes to your application before submitting. Before you begin, be prepared with the following information:
- Username and Password - this will be created on your initial visit and will be needed each time you enter the system
- Email Address - this will be used for future correspondence. If you do not have an email address, you can get a free on from providers such as Google Mail, Yahoo Mail, or Hotmail.
- Social Security Number - this will be used for criminal background checks and payroll purposes
- References (Minimum of 3) - this information may be used to verify your employability. Please include current address, phone number, and email address for all references.
- Previous Work History - this information may be used to verify your employment history and employability. Please include dates of employment, current company name, address, phone number, and supervisor's name and email address.
Note: If you close your browser before receiving a confirmation screen at the end of each session, all data entered since the time of your last confirmation will be lost.