Title I is a federal program authorized by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) which provides supplemental funding to schools that qualify according to Free and Reduced Meal Student (FARMS) eligibility. There are ten Title I schools in Allegany County Public Schools with schoolwide programs. The supplemental funding which these schools receive may provide personnel, professional development, instructional materials, and parent/family engagement programs.
Title I Schools
The following elementary schools with Free and Reduced Meal rates have been identified to receive Title I supplemental funds and operate a Title I program:
- John Humbird Elementary School - 100%
- South Penn Elementary School - 98.84%
- George's Creek Elementary School - 87.64%
- Westernport Elementary School - 88.38%
- Cash Valley Elementary School - 63.97%
- West Side Elementary School - 61.30%
- Mt. Savage Elementary School - 58.66%
- Northeast Elementary School - 56.07%
- Cresaptown Elementary School - 53.40%
- Beall Elementary School - 53.35%
ACPS Title 1 from ACETV ACPS on Vimeo.