ACPS will hold outdoor graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2021 on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. The Center for Career and Technical Education will hold its Certification Ceremony on Thursday, May 20, 2021. Times and locations for each ceremony are as follows:
- Career Center, May 20th, 6 p.m., Rocky Gap Amphitheatre
- Allegany, May 26th, 10 a.m., Greenway Avenue Stadium
- Mountain Ridge, May 26th, 1 p.m., Mountain Ridge Stadium
- Fort Hill, May 26th, 4 p.m., Greenway Avenue Stadium
Graduation and certification ceremonies will be live streamed for public viewing. Details on how to watch are below:
- Career Center and Mountain Ridge: The public may watch Allegany Media's livestream of the graduation and certification ceremonies at http://bit.ly/ACPSMedia or at http://www.alleganymedia.com/graduation.
- Allegany and Fort Hill: The public may watch Commercial Video Services' livestrea of the graduation ceremonies live in SD on Atlantic Broadband cable channel 20; live in HD on the Commercial Video Website: http://
commercialvideoservices.com/ webcasts.htm; live in HD on the Boxcast channel (which is available on Roku, Smart TV's, Apple TV and Google Chromecast). Add the Boxcast Channel to your channel menu, then search for the Commercial Video Channel within Boxcast.
The live-streams of all graduation and certification ceremonies will remain available to watch anytime later on the ACPS Video On Demand Vimeo site.
IMPORTANT GUIDANCE FOR GRADUATION CEREMONIES:Due to recent changes in Governor Hogan’s Executive Orders, and the Maryland Department of Health’s guidelines regarding masking and social distancing, ACPS, in consultation with ACHD, will make the following changes:
ACPS asks that all family groups be respectful of the physical distancing recommendations and make every attempt to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves and other family groups. ACPS will open both the home and away sections of the stadium bleachers to allow for additional physically-distanced seating. Students participating in the graduation ceremony will be seated three feet apart and will be masked. Students will line up to receive their diploma at six foot intervals, and at that point may remove their mask to receive their diploma. Once they return to their seat, they will wear their mask for the remainder of the ceremony.
- No tickets will be provided for the event, and there will be no limit imposed on the number of guests that may be present forthe graduation ceremonies.
- In keeping with Maryland Department of Health recommendations, ACPS recommends, but does not require, that all individuals over the age of 2 years old wear a face mask at the outdoor event if physical distancing cannot be maintained. ACPS strongly recommends, but does not require, that non-vaccinated individuals wear a face mask if unable to maintain physical distancing.
Class of 2021 Accolades
Typically, Allegany County Public Schools hosts an end-of-the-year Achievement Awards Banquet to recognize graduating seniors who are in the top 10% of their classes in academic excellence, who have made special accomplishments in the arts, and who demonstrate superior leadership qualities.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, award recipients will be honored virtually with a video tribute for each high school. Videos will be available on the ACPS Vimeo site by Friday, May 21, 2021. You can click the school link to the left to be directed to the video. All videos will also be shared on the ACPS Facebook page.