Every student will have access to the CCRS standards through high-quality instruction aligned with the standards every day. All teachers are prepared and receive the support needed to implement the standards in classrooms, so students are college and career ready.VISION STATEMENTOur educational vision is to promote in our students the ability to think critically, solve problems, work in teams, use technology, be self-directed, and to demonstrate good citizenship and community service. We are committed to developing a college and career-ready culture at Westmar to support each student's dreams and future goals.CORE VALUES
- Wellness as a means to enhance an individual's self-image as well as intellectual, social, physical, and emotional growth
- Individualizing educational experiences that remove barriers to students' success and promote independence
- Lifelong learning and professional growth as the basis for outstanding instruction and positive outcomes in student learning
- Diversity as our strength and means of promoting civility and appreciation for existing differences in our learning community
- Creating and maintaining a culture of excellence
- Academic programs focusing on problem-solving, critical thinking, instructional technology, and innovation
- Trust, respect, and acceptance of responsibility for actions as the foundation for character development in a democratic society
- Shared responsibility for fostering a positive and productive school environment
Join our Westmar Middle School Parent and Community Involvement Facebook Group!
School Supply List
Westmar Middle School
School Supply List/Information
The following school supplies are recommended for Westmar Middle School:
Earbuds with a microphone
Pencils and Pens
One spiral notebook and one pack of loose leaf paper any rule size
One folder for each class
One composition notebook
Tennis Shoes, shorts, t-shirt, and personal hygiene items- Physical Education
Optional: clear water bottle ONLY. Water fountains are open.
*Teachers may require additional supplies specific to each class.
Large binders do not fit in lockers.
**Spanish Students will need a 2 inch binder
Additional Back to School Information
Student Chromebooks will be distributed the first week of school.
All students will be issued a locker the first week of school to store personal belongings
Cell phones will remain turned off and stored in student lockers.
Students must follow the School Dress Code for appropriateness.
FREE Breakfast is offered to all students upon arrival.
Draft student schedules are available online in ASPEN in August.
Students will receive a hard copy of their schedule the first day of school.
The building will be open for Self Guided Tours on August 21 from 9-11 and 1-3.
Students must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.
Meet the Teacher Night - August 23 from 5:00-600.
Join our Facebook Group
December 21, 2023
December 22, 2023
December 24, 2023
December 25, 2023
December 26, 2023
December 27, 2023
December 28, 2023
Westmar Middle School will be collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald house in Morgantown, WV. Pop tabs will be weighed and then recorded on a bar graph monthly. Westmar students have delivered over 200 pounds per year for the past two years. Wow, that’s a lot of TABS!
Pop Tabs allow the Ronald McDonald Foundation to turn tabs into cash. This helps families who have a child admitted into Morgantown’s Hospital for extended stays. The Ronald McDonald Foundation provides these families and children with, not only a place to live during their stay, but playgrounds, gas cards, activity centers, and much more to help families feel a sense of home, while away from home.
Such a small contribution, with such big outcomes! Please drop tabs in Tabby’s collection cup located on the second floor, near Mrs. Snyder’s room. Thanks for all your help and support.