REMINDER: As the school sports season approaches, ACPS would like to remind spectators that backpacks, large bags, and coolers are prohibited at all school activities open to the public. A large bag is anything larger than 6.5”x4.5”. Spectators may bring a clear bag that does not exceed 12”x6”x12”, clothing, blankets, cameras if carried loosely or in a clear bag, seat cushions, and bags necessary for medical or infant care. All permitted bags are subject to search. Food and drinks not purchased from authorized vendors at the event are also not permitted.
The Allegany High School Drama and the Performing Arts class present their One Act play production of “Ten Actors in Search of a Cell Phone” by James Rayfield and “Boxes” by Kendra Thomas.
The Allegany County Public School System considers a number of factors when making the decision to delay or close schools.
On Wednesday, October 23, 2019, area credit unions from Allegany County and the Western Maryland Chapter and District of Columbia Credit Union Association, along with the Maryland and District of Columbia Credit Union Association, hosted the 15th Semi-Annual Financial Reality Fair for area high school students.
Maryland State Department of Education officials have announced that they intend to adopt a number of changes to enhance and expand required Holocaust instruction in the state’s public schools.
Interim Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeffrey Blank, has announced that Scott Bauer, teacher at Allegany High School, will assume the vacant position of Assistant Principal at Washington Middle School in an interim capacity through the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
Interim Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeffrey Blank, has announced two administrative staffing appointments effectively immediately.
On Tuesday, October 8, 2019, Allegany College of Maryland hosted the annual Tri-State College Night.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM All County Chorus Concert
November 19, 2019
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Family Support Services Workshop "Guardianship of a Special Needs Child"
November 27, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 29, 2019
December 2, 2019