REMINDER: As the school sports season approaches, ACPS would like to remind spectators that backpacks, large bags, and coolers are prohibited at all school activities open to the public. A large bag is anything larger than 6.5”x4.5”. Spectators may bring a clear bag that does not exceed 12”x6”x12”, clothing, blankets, cameras if carried loosely or in a clear bag, seat cushions, and bags necessary for medical or infant care. All permitted bags are subject to search. Food and drinks not purchased from authorized vendors at the event are also not permitted.
The Allegany County Public School System hosted the 3rd Annual Celebration Dinner for the next P-TECH cohort on Tuesday, September 17, 2019, at the Allegany County Culinaire Café.
Allegany County Public Schools is inviting local vendors to participate in the annual employee health fair scheduled for Friday, November 1, 2019, from 2-5 p.m. at Mountain Ridge High School.
Mr. Mark Malone, teacher at Fort Hill High School, is one of only 114 teachers selected for a National History Day® program titled Legacies of World War I.
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has awarded $7.55 million in State funds to 522 schools selected to participate in Maryland Meals for Achievement (MMFA), an alternative breakfast delivery program that provides students with free, in-classroom breakfast.
The We Are Fort Hill Committee has been working in partnership with the ACPS Maintenance Department to improve the Fort Hill veterans’ memorial located near Greenway Avenue Stadium.
New this year, Cresaptown Elementary School has implemented an attendance incentive program to encourage all students to strive for regular attendance.
Disney’s worldwide phenomenon is taking Broadway Junior by (snow)storm as the students of the Mountain Ridge High School Performing Arts Parent Association perform Disney’s latest worldwide phenomenon – Frozen Jr., the first licensed production of this world premiere musical in western Maryland.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?