Apprentice Maryland Program
The ACPS Youth Apprenticeship Maryland Program (AMP) is designed to allow students to both earn a salary and high school credit while learning essential job skills. This program is available to high school juniors and seniors, ages 16 and up, and gives them the opportunity for a potential career path following graduation.
For more information, contact Breann D’Atri, Coordinator of Workforce Development and Apprenticeships, at 301-729-6486 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org Information is also available with any school guidance counselor.
- Forming employer relationships while attending high school
- Earn a salary and four (4) high school credits
- Learn marketable industry skills
- Work with highly skilled mentors
- Receive a State Skill Certificate upon completion
- Junior or senior at any ACPS high school
- On track for graduation
- Good attendance
- Ability to perform 450 work-based learning hours
- Reliable transportation
What jobs are currently available?
How to apply?
Applications are available in the school guidance offices or by visiting the Allegany County AMP website www.ampallegany.com.