Work as a team to learn new skills and succeed as you improve your body and mind!
Law Enforcement/Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness is a CTE completer program which prepares student for careers in planning, managing and providing legal, public safety, protective services and homeland security including professional and technical support services.
The program will cover the Administration of Justice I and II pathways. Students will participate in career development and work-based learning activities. Students will participate in physical training which is designed to prepare them for successful completion of the various entrance tests they will face when they apply for employment in the Law Enforcement field.
- have the opportunity to be certified in:
- Hunter Safety
- CPR/First Aid
- Incident Command Systems: 100, 200, 700
- be encouraged to participate in state and national competitions through SkillsUSA®.
- participate in work based learning internships with various law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.
- earn up to 12 college credits.
Project based hands-on LEARNING SKILLS:
- Dusting for latent prints
- Casting of tire/shoe impressions or tool marks
- Lifting fingerprints with chemicals
- Resume & Portfolio Development
- Laser shot firearms simulator
- Crime scene investigation techniques