Get charged up working under the supervision of a Licensed Master Electrician while preparing to enter the electrical field as an apprentice.
This two-year college and career ready course is designed to prepare students for careers in the electrical industry. The electrical field is a $160 BILLION Industry responsible for bringing electrical power, lighting, and communications to buildings and communities across the United States!
Students are instructed in the areas of residential, commercial, and industrial wiring. Students gain actual on-the-job experience at the CCTE student project house. This entire project is built solely by Career Center students who are enrolled in any of the construction trade programs.
Electrical Students have the opportunity to take the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) apprenticeship aptitude test. Qualifying students then take the first year of the IBEW apprenticeship program during their senior year.
- work on the CCTE student built project house.
- be encouraged to participate in state and national competitions through SkillsUSA®.
- obtain OSHA 10 certification.
- have the opportunity to take the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers(IBEW) apprenticeship program.
Project based hands-on LEARNING SKILLS:
- Residential, commercial, and industrial wiring
- CCTE house project
- Habitat for humanity house project
- Motor controls
- Power tools
- Fixture installations