Combine your problem solving skills with hands-on experience to explore the many paths available in HVAC (NCCER)!
Students in this program will gain the necessary technical and management skills to enter the field of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC). The industry offers essential environmental control services for automobiles, factories, hospitals, offices, retail industry, and residential homes. HVAC offers a great variety of occupations, job security, mobility and unlimited career opportunities. There is no other industry that exceeds the constant demand for qualified, well-trained technicians. There is no limit to the amount of money the skilled technicians and sheet metal workers may earn. The effort an individual makes and the seriousness with which one approaches the study of HVAC determine how far and how quickly a person can advance in the trade.
Successful HVAC students will have the opportunity to interview with the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union.
- be encouraged to participate in state and national competitions through SkillsUSA®
- have the opportunity to be nationally certified through the NCCER program:
- Core Curriculum
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning I
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning II
- obtain OSHA 10 certification.
- participate in a mock interview process with local tradesmen and businesses.
- earn interview opportunities with local trade unions.
Project based hands-on LEARNING SKILLS:
- Student House Construction
- Duct System Installation
- Furnace and Air Conditioning Installation
- Plasma Cutting and Design
- Whole House Plumbing
- Resumé & Portfolio Development