Allegany has long been a school that prides itself on its athletic excellence and has won numerous state titles. This page will cover all of Allegany's athletics programs in detail and offer up-to-date schedules.
Allegany High School, Fort Hill High School, and Mountain Ridge High School would like to thank the community for the tremendous support during our athletic events, especially home football games. These events have become a celebration of our community and we look forward to everyone continuing to attend the games to support and celebrate our teams.
Allegany County Public Schools wants to ensure a safe and positive experience for all spectators at these events. Therefore, we are reminding parents and guardians of the expectations for all children under high school age.
During all outdoor sporting events, the following expectations are in effect:
- All elementary and middle school age children must be accompanied by an adult for entry and should be seated in the bleachers unless visiting the restroom or concessions.
- Loitering and congregating in non-seating areas is discouraged and offenders will be asked to return to the bleachers.
- Students are expected to wait appropriately in the concession stand line. They are not permitted to cut in line or create disturbances through disruptive behavior.
- Any ACPS student suspended from school will not be permitted to attend any events, regardless of age.
- Once admitted into the event, spectators are not allowed to leave and re-enter without prior permission.
Please note: Failure to follow these expectations may result in the removal of both the student and their accompanying adult from the stadium. Behavior resulting in removal from the stadium WILL lead to the student being banned from future events on all Allegany County Public School properties.
We look forward to being able to continue to celebrate our entire community at our athletic events and be able to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone by adhering to the expectations listed above!
Varsity Football 2023
Date Opponent H/A Time
Fri. Sept. 1 Hollidaysburg Home 7:00
Fri. Sept. 8 Oakdale Away 6:30
Fri. Sept. 15 Mt. Ridge Away 7:00
Fri. Sept. 22 Albert Gallatin Away 7:00
Fri. Sept. 29 St. James Home 7:00
Sat. Oct. 7 Southern Home 2:00
Fri. Oct. 13 Keyser Home 7:00
Fri. Oct. 20 Northern Away 7:00
Sat. Oct. 28 Fort Hill Home 12:30
Head Coach: Bryan Hansel
Assistant Coaches: Chris Atkinson, Troy Cubbage, Jake Vanmeter, Dylan Shockey, Aaron Kline