At a special meeting of the Board of Education held today, Tuesday, March 1, 2022, the school board voted to make masks optional in Allegany County Public School buildings and on school buses, effectively immediately. Students returning from isolation or quarantine will still be required to wear a mask at school and on the bus until day 11.
Isolation requirements will not change for individuals who test positive for COVID-19.
2. Quarantine requirements will not change for individuals who are a close contact outside of the school classroom or school bus.
3. Requirements will not change for those students who have symptoms of COVID-19.
4. Quarantine will not be required for close contacts within the classroom or on the school bus. Contact tracing will not be done in these environments.
5. There will be no restrictions on capacity for indoor events in Allegany County Public School buildings.
6. All precautions in regards to distance and hygiene will remain in place, such as a six-foot distance between students when eating.