Athletic Events Ticket Information
Due to Covid-19 restrictions being placed upon the upcoming fall sports season, Mountain Ridge High School's stadium can only have a capacity of 405 spectators and a maximum capacity of 100 spectators in the school gym. These numbers do not include anyone participating in the event.
There will be tickets available for parents of those students that are participating in the event; however, in some cases, such as varsity football and volleyball, there will be no extra tickets available. Extra tickets may be available for some boys and girls soccer and JV football games, and they will go on sale at the game on a “first come, first served” basis.
Prior to each home game, every player will be given two tickets from their coaching staff. Advisors/coaches will give cheerleaders, Diamonds, and band members two tickets for very home game that they perform at. For each away game, Mountain Ridge will receive two tickets per player from the hosting school. Tickets will be $6.00 each. When approaching the ticket booth, please present the ticket(s) and money to the ticket booth cashier. Please have exact change. If available, extra tickets will be sold at the gate for $3.00 students, $6.00 adults. No BOE passes, MPSSAA passes or complementary passes will be accepted. Concessions will not be open.
Below is the list of Mountain Ridge High School home games with available tickets:
- 10/27/20: JV Football vs. Fort Hill (222)
- 10/29/20: Girls Soccer vs. Fort Hill (308)
- 11/2/20: Volleyball vs. Northern (8)
- 11/3/20: Girls Soccer vs. Northern (302)
- 11/5/20: Boys Soccer vs. Southern (158)
- 11/7/20: Boys Soccer vs. CCA (250)
- 11/9/20: Volleyball vs. Allegany (10)
- 11/9/20: Girls Soccer vs. St Maria Goretti (306)
- 11/10/20: Boys Soccer vs. Allegany (158)
- 11/11/20: Volleyball vs. BW (18)
- 11/12/10: Girls Soccer vs BW: 288
- 11/16/20: Volleyball vs. Fort Hill (6)
- 11/17/20: Boys Soccer vs. Fort Hill (188)
- 11/19/20: Boys Soccer vs. Northern (238)
- 11/24/20: Girls Soccer vs. Southern (296)
- 11/30/20: JV Football vs. Northern (250)
- 12/1/20: Girls Soccer vs. Allegany (292)
- 12/3/20: Boys Soccer vs. BW (242)
- 12/14/20: JV Football vs. Allegany (248)
Evening High School Credit Recovery Information
EVENING HIGH SCHOOL CREDIT RECOVERY INFORMATION:
ACPS is pleased to offer an additional way for students to achieve success and graduate from high school. The After School Credit Recovery Program is an opportunity for students to work toward completing their graduation requirements. Recovery of credits relates to courses that have already been attempted without a passing grade. Students may recover up to two (2) courses per school year but only one (1) per session.
Students may enroll using the online registration form or by contacting their school counselor.
WINTER SESSION: ROTATION 2
- Dates: December 8-22, January 4-28 ( Every Monday through Thursday)
- Time: 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Attendance: The course is completely online with a daily designated time for live assistance with the teacher.
- Cost: There is no cost for 2020-2021 Credit Recovery.
- Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Be sure to tune in to the live stream of Mountain Ridge High School's drive-thru Graduation Ceremony today, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, at 10 a.m. Links for viewing the event are below:Commercial Video Services Website
Commercial Video services Facebook
You can also view the event on Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and smart TVusing the “Boxcast” channel / Commercial Video Services.
On Wednesday, November 4, 2020, the Allegany County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Allegany! Class of 2020 participated in the program’s annual Education Day co-hosted by the Allegany County Public Schools, Allegany College of Maryland, and Frostburg State University.
As a result of increased health metrics related to COVID-19 in Allegany County, ACPS is cancelling all in-person extra-curricular activities and athletics events and practices effective today, Thursday, November 5, 2020, beginning with afternoon activities.
As a result of the shortened school day for elementary schools during the hybrid learning model, Allegany County Public Schools, in cooperation with the City of Cumberland, have made temporary changes to the traffic patterns in front of two schools to better coincide with dismissal times.
On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, more than 100 school board members and education leaders from across the state gathered virtually for the Maryland Association of Boards of Education Annual Business Meeting and Conference.
ACPS has been awarded a grant to implement after-school tutoring that is open to all students.
Interim Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeff Blank, has announced several administrative staffing appointments as a result of retirements.