Two new members have recently joined the Maryland State Board of Education. On July 1, Board Member Chuen-Chin Bianca Chang, MSN, PNP, RN-BC and Student Member Kevin Bokoum officially began their terms.
Maryland Career and Technical Education (CTE) students recently participated in technical skill competitions organized by SkillsUSA, a nonprofit organization for students in CTE programs.
Four ACPS Community School Coordinators had the opportunity to give a presentation to more than 100 educators from across the state at the recent 2021 Maryland Community Schools Summer Conference.
Mr. Mohammed Choudhury officially assumed the office of Maryland State Superintendent of Schools, responsible for leading the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and the State’s education policy through the implementation of the Blueprint for Education and emergence from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Allegany County Public School’s Center for Career and Technical Education is providing 10 P-TECH students to participate in IBM’s nationwide program that will host 1,000 paid P-TECH interns this summer, with the aim of helping students gain critical professional and technical skills.
ACPS Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeff Blank, has announced the appointment of two new principals and a new Supervisor of Social Studies, Professional Learning, Title IIA, and New Teachers for the upcoming school year.
The Allegany County Public School System is proud to announce that students in the graduating Class of 2021 have been accepted to 42 different colleges, universities, and technical schools across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
- What do I need to know about the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) 2019?
August 3, 2021
1:45 PM - 3:00 PM BOE Executive Session
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM BOE Open Session
August 18, 2021
August 19, 2021
August 20, 2021
August 23, 2021
August 24, 2021