- Increase student achievement and learner engagement with special emphasis on implementation of Maryland College and Career Ready Standards.
- Increase efficiency in the way we operate our schools.
- Improve employee morale through effective communication.
- Create a better working relationship with the County Commissioners.
The school board has also adopted the below budget development priorities that will provide guidance and direction to the Superintendent in the preparation of the 2018 Proposed Superintendent's Operating Budget:
- Preserve as many student program opportunities as possible, based on course demand, graduation requirements, and/or student and parent interest.
- Keep class size as low as possible.
- Do not utilize the fund balance.
- Every effort should be made to provide employees with negotiated benefits, including salary and health insurance benefits, such that their take home pay would not be less due to increased employee shared costs of health insurance.