Esports Market Survey
The Office of Community Service, a department within Allegany County Government, is researching the possibility of incorporating Esports as part of the offerings at Western Maryland Works. They have prepared a short survey to gather information to determine if enough interest exists for the county to continue pursuing this innovative idea. Please complete this survey by January 31, 2020.
The Maryland State Board of Education (State Board) has scheduled several regional forums to gather public input regarding the next State Superintendent.
The Allegany County Public Schools 2020-2021 High School Programs of Study will include two new elective courses - Introduction to Agriculture and Natural Resources and Wildlife and Forest Management. Both are elective semester courses.
Maryland student success on the Advanced Placement (AP) remains steady, while high participation rates on the rigorous tests continue.
Allegany County Public Schools will host a special informational meeting for 8th grade parents and students interested in the P-TECH (Pathways in Technology Early College High) Cybersecurity program on Wednesday, February 19, 2020, at 6 p.m. at the Center for Career and Technical Education on McMullen Highway.
Paul Sagal is fortunate to be alive after suffering sudden cardiac arrest while watching his grandson compete at a sporting event at Mountain Ridge High School on January 14, 2020.
Matt Marlowe, Assistant Supervisor of Student Support Services and School Safety for Allegany County Public Schools, has accepted a position with Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM State Superintendent Search Community Forum
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM P-TECH Informational Meeting
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM State Superintendent Search Community Forum
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CCTE Open House
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM All County Middle/Senior Band Concert