ACPS Reopening Plan 2021-2022
ARP ESSER III Fund
The fall sports season was a pretty good one for the Mountain Ridge Miners. Both the volleyball team and the varsity football team were the recipients of MPSSAA State Tournament Sportsmanship Awards this year, an award that is presented to one team per sport.
Allegany County Public Schools Superintendent, Mr. Jeff Blank, recently announced the appointment of Mr. Timothy Farrell as the acting principal at George’s Creek Elementary School effective December 16, 2021, through the remainder of this school year.
Maryland Early Fall Assessment Data and Kindergarten Readiness Results Reflect National Trends on Learning Loss
Today, the Maryland State Department of Education released preliminary early fall assessment and kindergarten readiness scores for the 2021-22 school year, which demonstrated an overall decline in student proficiency for English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics and Kindergarten Readiness.
The Mountain Ridge High School Chapter of the National Honor Society recently held its induction ceremony for the 2021-2022 school year welcoming 65 new members to the organization.
Forty-four junior and senior students from Allegany High School were inducted into membership of the National Honor Society (NHS) on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, in front of parents, staff, students, and guests.
On Sunday, November 7, 2021, at Landis Field in Harrisburg, PA, the Allegany High School Marching Band made school history when they won their first ever Tournament of Bands Atlantic Coast High School Marching Band Championship (ACC's).
Do you want to be a volunteer speaker for the Speakers’ Bureau and/or STEM Specialist in the Classroom?
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- What do I need to know about the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) 2019?