ACPS Reopening and Recovery Plan Fall 2020
ACPS Crisis Management Site
VIRTUAL LEARNING UPDATE: All Allegany County Public School students will remain in a fully-virtual learning format for the week of December 1-4, 2020, as a result of county health metrics and the availability of adequate staff. Schools are still CLOSED on Monday, November 30, 2020, for the Thanksgiving holiday. Announcements regarding the learning format for the week of December 7th will be communicated to the public on Friday, December 4, 2020.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:43 PMAll schools are operating in accordance with the published school calendar.
On Wednesday, November 4, 2020, the Allegany County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Allegany! Class of 2020 participated in the program’s annual Education Day co-hosted by the Allegany County Public Schools, Allegany College of Maryland, and Frostburg State University.
As a result of increased health metrics related to COVID-19 in Allegany County, ACPS is cancelling all in-person extra-curricular activities and athletics events and practices effective today, Thursday, November 5, 2020, beginning with afternoon activities.
As a result of the shortened school day for elementary schools during the hybrid learning model, Allegany County Public Schools, in cooperation with the City of Cumberland, have made temporary changes to the traffic patterns in front of two schools to better coincide with dismissal times.
On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, more than 100 school board members and education leaders from across the state gathered virtually for the Maryland Association of Boards of Education Annual Business Meeting and Conference.
ACPS has been awarded a grant to implement after-school tutoring that is open to all students.
Interim Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeff Blank, has announced several administrative staffing appointments as a result of retirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
- What do I need to know about the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) 2019?