ACPS Reopening and Recovery Plan Fall 2020
ACPS Crisis Management Site
ACPS Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeff Blank, has announced the appointment of two new principals and a new Supervisor of Social Studies, Professional Learning, Title IIA, and New Teachers for the upcoming school year.
The Allegany County Public School System is proud to announce that students in the graduating Class of 2021 have been accepted to 42 different colleges, universities, and technical schools across the country.
In a unanimous vote today, the Maryland State Board of Education (State Board) has appointed Mr. Mohammed Choudhury as the next Maryland State Superintendent of Schools.
The Maryland State Department of Education will host a student town hall meeting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021, beginning at 5 p.m.
After missing the annual Maryland Envirothon events in the 2019-20 school year due to the global pandemic, three teams were able to represent Allegany County Public Schools in a virtual 2020-2021 State Envirothon held from April 25-29, 2021.
Biomedical Science students from Allegany High School, Fort Hill High School, and Mountain Ridge High School were recognized at their schools at the 3rd Annual White Coat Ceremony.
On Wednesday, May 19, 2021, Maryland’s Governor, Larry Hogan, joined ACPS Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Jeff Blank, along with members of the Western Maryland Delegation and other local leaders, at the Greenway Avenue Stadium vaccination clinic targeted to high school students.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACPS Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for school?
- What immunizations are required for school?
- How can I find out what school my child will attend?
- How do I apply for an out-of-district permit for my child to attend a different
- How can I follow-up on an application I submitted for employment?
- How can I find more information about substitute teaching?
- Where can I find information on assessment scores?
- Where do I find information on school bus routes?
- How do I find out information on obtaining my GED?
- How can I obtain a copy of my diploma or transcripts?
- How do I reserve school facilities?
- How do I verify employment for a current or former ACPS employee?
- Can I check and pay for my student's food charges electronically?
- What is the ACPS Foundation, Inc.?
- How can I make a donation?
- How does the school system respond to instances of bed bugs and lice in schools?
- What do I need to know about the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) 2019?