substitute positions with ACPS require applicants to be at least 21 years old and successfully complete all pre-employment criteria which include a criminal background check
at the expense of the applicant.
If you are interested in a substitute position, please contact the following departments for information about specific substitute openings and to obtain information and applications:
- Cafeteria - Food and Nutrition Services, 301-722-0637
- Custodial - Operations, 301-722-4968
- Teacher - Human Resources, 301-759-2034
- Instructional Assistant - Human Resources, 301-759-2034
- Bus - Transportation, 301-729-3773
At this time, in order to be added to the substitute teaching pool, all applicants MUST have one of the following: a Bachelor's degree or higher in a teacher education field; a Bachelor's degree in a non-education related field; or an Associate's degree in teacher education. Additionally, teacher substitutes that possess a Maryland Teaching Certificate and are considered to be highly qualified in a specific area/discipline will be given preference in long-term substitute teaching positions.